I am a very kinesthetic person — I learn best by doing/touching/feeling and most of my memories are tied to physical activities (i.e., smashing a finger in a locked car door (shh I know), riding bikes with my sister, being carried to bed by my dad after falling asleep in the living room). As a physical person, I am naturally inclined to like music with some kind of clapping sound, be it actual clapping or synthetic clapping sounds (percussion instruments).
I am also a MASSIVE DORK. I like clapping songs, songs with lots of percussion (Hello 1989!) and hip-hop/rap. There’s just a rhythm I enjoy. Nerdishly. :>
This is my list of favorite songs with clapping/clapping-esque sounds:
10. Straight No Chaser – “Tainted Love” (OH yes, them and not the original band TAKE THAT)
9. Phil Collins – “Something Happened On The Way To Heaven” (Another “jazz hands” song)
8. Céline Dion – “Regarde-Moi” (okay, no real clapping, but it makes me “jazz hands” >.>;)
7. LMFAO – “Party Rock Anthem”
6. Men Without Hats – “Safety Dance”
5. Adele – “Rumor Has It”
4. Robyn – “Dancing On My Own”
3. Ke$ha – “Blah Blah Blah” (NSFW!)
2. Timbaland – “Ease Off the Liquor” (aw hell, I love both of Timbaland’s Shock Value and Shock Value II albums)
1. Linkin Park – “Given Up”
Go forth and clap along like no one is watching!!