Our house was built in 1957 and has a lot of character. One trait: draftiness. This winter will be our second in the house and we’ve decided to make it a lot more comfortable (one electric heater, one oil heater, zillions of blankets, etc = last winter). We went to JoAnn fabric this morning and I got some nice wintry fabric, some great buttons and red felt.
This project was moving along fairly well considering that I had no real idea for how to actually make the snake shape other than to create a fabric tube. I’ve seen some patterns online, but they were either too simple (straight sewn ends, blah) or too advanced for my sewing skills. So I decided to just run with it and figure it out as I go along.
My husband helped me with the end (getting it so that it wasn’t just a straight seam) and I figured out how to sew the “face” to make it “snake-ish”. All in all, quick project that took about 2 hours.
Here’s Mr. DraftsBeGone: